This post may contain affiliate links
Looking around wedding venues is lovely part of the wedding planning process. However, it can also be pretty daunting too, especially if they are particularly lavish. I’ve come up with a list of questions to ask your wedding venue which you may want to ask to help you eliminate venues when looking online or in person.
With wedding planning comes a seemingly never-ending list of desicions that need to be made. When viewing a venue it can be easy to be overwhelmed with the granduer and stunning surroundings. But if you do decidie to get married there there are lots of things you’ll need to consider before going ahead with your wedding.
You’ll also want to make sure they can accomdate all of your needs. When I got married I really wanted a place where there was accomodation and I could have my own choice of caters. It’s worth making list of all the things that are top priorities for your wedding and going from there.
I’ve put toegther a list of the main questions to ask your wedding venue I think need asking when you visit a wedding venue to ensure you have all the information you need to proceed.
40 Questions To Ask Your Wedding Venue
- How much will it cost?
- Are there different packages?
- Is it cheaper on a weekday or Sunday?
- Can I view the venue again before booking?
- Is it cheaper out of season?
- Can I have my own Photographer?
- Can I have my own Band or DJ?
- Is there a set time music needs to stop by?
- Can we choose our own florist?
- Are the menu options changable?
- Are there cheaper alternatives such as afternoon tea?
- Can I bring my own wine for the tables?
- Is there a corkage fee?
- What are the drinks prices at the bar?
- Can you cater to special requests? (ie fireworks)
- How many guests can you cater for?
- What time can I have the ceremony?
- Is there a minimum number of guests I need to have?
- Do you have faciities that can accomdate disabilties?
- Do you allow children?
- Do offer any child-minding services for children?
- Are the facilities for children such as play area or seperate room they can run around in?
- What time do we need to leave the venue by in the evening?
- Can we access the venue the day before the wedding?
- Can we access the venue on morning of the wedding?
- Can we come back the next morning to pick up flowers and gifts?
- Where are the best places for photographs if it’s raining?
- Can I legally get married here?
- Can I use my own celebrant if I don’t want to get legally married here?
- Do I have acess to a wedding planner?
- Can you reccomend any local supliers?
- Are there areas that are out of bounds to guests?
- Is there anything you don’t allow? (ie table confetti)
- Do you have accomadataion?
- Is there accomodation nearby?
- Is there a taxi service nearby?
- How much is the deposit?
- Can I pay in installments?
- When will the final Balance be due?
- What happens if we decide to cancel?